Friday, May 21, 2010

School is OUT, summer is IN

So I totally realize that I haven't written in this blog in two months, give or take, so there's a probably a lot that has happened and I don't know if I'll remember it to write it.

First things first, classes are over and summer break started. Yes, it's more than three whole months of no classes. I, of course say that I'm going to do some studying, but let's be honest here... I pretty much doubt that'll happen even if I try lying to myself and saying it will. Oh well, c'est la vie... Also, so far so good, grade-wise. No C's, so that's good (I actually can't believe I'm actually saying that because before I was this OCD about grades and I would totally flip if I got anything lower than an A). I guess this is what happens when you go to a school where everyone's uber smart and are "OMG-I'll-die-if-I-get-a-B-because-I'm super smart-and-perfect-and-no-one-else- can-be-better-than-me-or-I'll-die". I mean, I still care about my grades but hey, no one is perfect and as long as I do my best (and get into med-school hehe), it is what it is. I've actually come to realize that grades aren't everything even though they are important to get into good grad or med schools :/ .

Anywhoo...as far as summer goes everything has been going alright. My suite mates moved out, which means I've been here by myself but I'm moving to my new room on Sunday. Good thing is, my room mate is a friend of mine, bad thing is that I don't know any of my other suite mates. But whatevs. As to what I've done so far, well, it's not much. On Friday, Monday and Tuesday I was doing a program called MURTI for minorities interested in Environmental Science. It was pretty interesting and as lame as it sounds, I did learn stuff. Also, last Saturday I walked from the apartment to Macy's (34th St.) and back, which is the farthest I've ever walked, so I'm kinda proud of that. On Monday, both my suite mates came to visit me, even if it it was for a little while, I was happy to see them. Today (Thursday), my friend, Viktoriya came to the city and we went to Central Park. We walked and we lay on the grass and then we went rowing in those boats in the big pond. It was fun!!!

Finally, I'm going to Black Rock Forest, not this Sunday but next to start working on June 1st. I'm pretty excited about that but the guy at the forest hasn't responded to my emails so I haven't really done much research on what I'll be doing. Hopefully he does soon so I can start researching the turtles (squeeee) that I'll be working with. I'm still a bit worried about how I'll be getting there but I have directions and stuff so hopefully I'll just take the train and make it alive and well. Oh, oh, oh! I ordered my hiking shoes today and guess what color they are.... PINK!! They're super cute, now hopefully they arrive on time (they better coz I paid extra for faster shipping!!!) and now I just need to buy a couple of pairs of jeans because right now I've only been wearing dresses because that's all I have.

Hopefully I'll write more often now that I don't have schoolwork to be worried about and upload pics and write more about the walks I've been taking.

Oh, and I almost forgot, here's a list of what I want to do this summer:
1. Read- non school related books
2. Get to know the city better.
3. Buy a bike
4. Teach my friends how to ride a bike!!!
5. Have fun!!!
6. Write more often on my blog
7. Start crafting/knitting/crocheting again

and other stuff I can't think of right now/ other stuff that will come up later!!!

EDIT:

8. Practice my French
9. Study for the MCAT
10. Learn something new

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment