I think last time I wrote something I was still in school...but anyway.... I'm half-way into my summer break and everything is going well. I'm currently working at Black Rock Forest near Cornwall, NY doing research for my senior thesis even though I will only be a junior next year and I'm also doing a bit of other random stuff, mostly I help them with whatever they need help with. I'm doing my research on population viability of painted turtles in the ponds here, which is really interesting an SO MUCH FUN! Because I <3 Turtles!! :) Other stuff I've been doing includes leaf drying and weighing, tick drags, worm surveys, vegetation surveys and A LOT of hiking, which is fun.
I go to the city every weekend and sometimes I hang out with one of my friends and sometimes I just chill by myself, which is also cool. Also, I got a PINK bike. It is super cute!! I've been meaning to go riding it but hasn't really happened since: 1) I'm scared of riding it in the streets of NYC, 2) I haven't been able to take it upstate and 3) I end up doing other stuff. Hopefully I get to use it soon.
Oh, so I got a long email from one of my friends who left early from college. I hadn't really heard from her since she left, so I'm happy she finally contacted me. She explained a lot of stuff including why she decided not to go see us when she was in NYC and other stuff. Turns out she has been traveling a lot with her mom and is currently in Korea. She'll be teaching English at an orphanage there until August, which makes sense because that's something she had mentioned she wanted to do...or at least the teach English part. I really have no idea what's going on in her life right now but I really hope everything turns out well for her.
Finally, Eclipse premieres in 1 day!! I'm so excited!! I'm going to go to the city specifically to go see it, I'll see how that goes because I'll probably be really tired on Wednesday for work. Hopefully, I'll try to post something this weekend or on Wednesday after work, though I doubt that'll happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment