Today was the final game of the 2010 World Cup and Spain won!!!!!!!!!! Woooooo!!! So the game itself was pretty intense. By the end of both halves the score was 0-0. Neither Netherlands nor Spain could manage to score eve though Spain could've scored several times. Also, there were like a million yellow cards given out, I swear, it was the game that I've seen the most cards given out, EVER. So, after both halves ended they went to extra time. First 15 minutes ended and still no goal, but in the second extra time period Spain scored!!! Finally!! I was rooting for them so of course I was very happy. And then the game was over and they won, Spain 1, Netherlands 0. The game was historic for them since it was the first time they ever won the World Cup...
On another note... Paul the octopus (or Pulpo Paul in Spanish, which I happen to like how it sounds better). Who the hell is this Pulpo Paul? I really needed to know, so I looked it up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_the_Octopus
So yeah... this dude...er, I mean octopus predicted correctly the outcomes of the games in the World Cup. That's crazy! Anywho, this octopus is famous now!!
UPDATE as of 7/21/10: Someone told me Pulpo Paul is retiring...what the hell? Maybe it's because they're going to make ceviche de pulpo Paul?!
No comments:
Post a Comment