Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Summer Reading
A goal I had for this summer was to read more non-school related books, and luckily I have been keeping up with at least this resolution. So far, I've only been reading Agatha Christie books, namely, the Poirot series. Even though, these books are amazing, I read them in 2-3 days because I have to spread them out in order not to run out of books to read. So, finally (even though my time at Black Rock is almost over) I got a library card from the local library because my NYC library card expired and I haven't had time to renew it. So I took out 3 books, because that was the limit. I took out a Poirot book, "The Six Wives of Henry VIII" and "The Last Days of the Romanovs." I just started reading the one about King Henry's wives because I just finished watching the final season of The Tudors and I'm still in a Tudors mode. Also, I think the subject is super interesting. Then I think I'm going to read "The Last Days of the Romanovs" because I can read the Poirot book any other time. Again, I think it's a very interesting subject and I've always had an interest in royal history and also my sister got me into the Romanovs and I think she would like this book very much. All in all, I'm pretty happy I'm finally getting some non-fiction in my summer reading because it's important just to know and be knowledgeable about history and other subjects in general.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment