Friday, July 9, 2010

Weekend plans...and more plans

I've been meaning to stay in the forest for at least ONE weekend to hike and do fun things. Has that happened?... of course...NOT! I end up going to the city every weekend. Not that that's bad or anything but yeah, it kind of changes my plans. So this weekend I'm going to see one of my high school friends. We're trying to get tickets to go see Shakespeare in the Park. The play we're going to see is the Merchant of Venice and Al Pacino is in it. Hopefully, we can get tickets since they're free, it's the weekend and Al Pacino is in it. We're going to have to wake up super early to get in line to try to get tickets. Before the show we might get dinner or something to eat or whatever. I'm soooo excited because I really want to see the play because I actually wrote my final research paper for my New York Theater class on the history of Shakespeare in the Park.

Other plans....

Another thing I want to do this summer is go to Six Flags in New Jersey. The plan was to go on July 24th but I don't thin that's happening since the girl who I was going with told her she would visit her sister in Pennsylvania or something. But hopefully I can still go with someone else. I really want to go to Six Flags!! My flaky friend told me she really wants to go again (since she went this past Monday and barely told me yesterday, I guess she hadn't told me since I really hadn't been talking to her). Hopefully she doesn't flake out...yet again.

Also, we were planning on going to the Michael Buble concert...in freaking Montreal...like as in Canada! BUT, I think that's not going to happen anymore since she realized it was in August and she has to "work" on her project during all of August and she can't miss a single day :/so I guess I won't go...unless my sister wants to come over here so we can go to the concert together :).

What else?....Oh yeah, my friend said she was going to D.C. one of these weekends and asked me if I wanted to come along. I really want to go because I've never been to D.C. and I love traveling and getting to know more places so I think I'll tag along. It's only a 4 hour drive so it can't be that bad... or so I think.

I think those are all my plans for the summer... while I'm in NY because when I go back home...I'm going to Playa del Carmen/ Cancun/ everything that's over there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that's for sure, no more flakiness...squeeeeeeeeee!!!

Oh and off topic...
This week I got to PIT tag turtles, which is injecting them with a tiny microchip. It was for my project. I was so excited. I felt like a doctor and everything because first, you have to swab them on the leg with antiseptic and then you stick the needle in and then inject the tag in and then you swab again. It was awesome... except for the fact that a turtle peed on me. I mean all turtles pee and they have peed while I'm holding them, but this one peed on my shirt!! Eww. Good thing that we went swimming in the pond afterward even though technically it's not allowed but even the forest director went in for a swim with us, so I guess it was alright.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment