Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July

Oh, I almost forgot. It's the 4th of July = Independence Day. Happy Independence Day! Woo-freaking-hoo. Might go see the fireworks over the Hudson River later.

UPDATE:

I did go see the fireworks over the Hudson. They were really nice...maybe even beautiful. The train ride back was gross since the subway was jam-packed and it was hot and sweaty and ewww.

The rest was an Epic Fail... I shouldn't care and just not talk to this person forever but given my living situation I kinda have to. So we had agreed to meet at 52nd St. and 12th Ave. She had to go see her sister at Wall St. and I was like ok, I'll meet you there later because I wasn't going to go with her friends I don't even really know. I freaking walked over there for the picnic/firework watching and guess what... I never saw her. Thank goodness I had eaten before or else I would've starved (ok, maybe I'm exaggerating). So I went to that intersection and walked a few blocks looking for her. I couldn't find her so I texted her and called her. Didn't pick up. Took forever to reply. Told me she was inside the park. I gave up the good seat I had to try and get in the park. The cops & park people stopped me and told me the park was only for old or handicapped people. I tried two entrances, the only two I could find and I told her. She replied "try another street." WTF?!?! I tried the only 2 FREAKING entrances there was because it's a small park, it only spans two blocks, where the HELL was I supposed to get in?!? Beats me!! I texted her other stuff and she either didn't reply or replied useless crap. I just went back to where I was and tried finding a good seat because guess what...most of the seats were already taken (the seats = side of sidewalk), so I squashed myself in between two couples and waited for the fireworks to start. I of course was raging and wanted to text her some nasty message or punch her if I saw her but I didn't. I guess I'm just too nice... I'm still really mad and I really don't want to talk to her because I know I'll go off on her and say things I probably shouldn't. Also, the fact that I happen to live in the same rooms as her would even make it more awkward, even though I think it's awkward already because when she asked me if I had seen the fireworks I responded "yeah" with an annoyed tone and didn't even look at her... Oh well, at least I enjoyed the fireworks. If there's a next 4th of July in NYC for me, I hope I can spend it with my sister or with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment