Pattern:
It's a really simple pattern. All you do is knit one long rectangle with the moss stitch and when you're done you just sew the sides together and you have a cowl! So for those who don't know what the moss stitch is, it's basically a ribbing that you interrupt every two rows. So Rows 1 & 2 are: 2 knits, 2 purls, 2 knits, 2 purls and so on until the end of the row. If you look at the 2 rows you have, you'll see how the ribbing is starting to form but you'll kind of interrupt that in the next two rows. Rows 3 & 4 are: 2 purls, 2 knits, 2 purls, 2 knits and so on until the end of the row. All you do is just repeat those four rows until you have the desired length and then bind off and sew the two short sides together. Oh, and I cast on 64 stitches which is basically the circumference of the cowl. However, next time I'll probably cast on more stitches because I would've liked for it to be a bit looser and I'll probably also try using a different kind of yarn. So yeah, that's my cowl. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment