A lot has happened since I wrote my last blog post a bit over a month ago. I finished my finals, graduated and now I'm back home. I hadn't really planned to come back but in the end I thought it would be better because I wouldn't have to worry about not having a job and having to pay the rent and not having money for food but most importantly, I would have time to relax and I would focus on getting a job after. I think this was the best decision because I've done absolutely nothing for the past two weeks and now I'm well rested and ready to start sending out resumes and applications so I can get a job and get the hell outta here!
However, before I continue my post I would like to write a bit about graduation and my college experience. Graduation was great! Of course because Obama was our speaker. I really liked his speech because he raised some good points and gave us some advice. I honestly was a bit scared that he would address the press or the "voters" and not us as graduates but all turned out well. Then we all walked and shook DSpar's hand and luckily I didn't faceplant in front of everyone which was my biggest fear that day. Yay me, I survived graduation!
I think my four years at Barnard were among the best years of my life. I learned so much, after all, that's what we were there to do. I met some of the nicest, most intelligent and beautiful women I have ever met and I'm proud to call them my friends. However, college is not only about learning things in class or from your professors, I learned so much from my friends, from experiences and got to know myself better than I ever have! Yes, there were times when I cried and hated the place because I was frustrated and felt I didn't belong there or that I wasn't as smart as the rest of girls there but I learned that there will always be people that want to bring you down but you're better than them, when you feel that you don't belong, you just have to search to try and find your niche or go to your friends, they'll make everything much better and when you don't feel as smart just try to give it all you have and do the best you can because that's all you can do. And yes, you will fail at times and want to transfer, drop out or go home but it's important to never give up because it will always get better and when you reach your goal or accomplish something, it will be a thousand times better and you will feel amazing because of what you did. Lastly, my college experience would not have been what it was had it not been for my friends. They changed my life for the better and I just can't imagine what college would've been without them because they're amazing and I just want to say that I cherish all the moments we've shared and thank you for being the wonderful people that you are and that I love you so, so much!
This is another chapter in our lives that close but a new and better one (hopefully!) has just started. Yay! Congrats to the Class of 2012!!
No comments:
Post a Comment